The mission of the NACADA / NCAA Advisory Board is to develop and implement professional development programs and services for academic advisors, academic counselors, and academic and athletic administrators/staff who advise and provide academic support for student-athletes on college and university campuses and to support a strong and enduring partnership between NACADA and the NCAA.
Interested in joining the NCAA Advisory board?
Please complete the NCAA Advisory Board -Member Interest Form and email it to Elisa Shaffer at the NACADA Executive Office.
The Chair of the Advisory Board facilitates the work of the group by:
- Working with the Executive Office staff on issues that need attention or discussion.
- Facilitating Advisory Board discussion on issues via email and/or conference calls.
- Facilitating Advisory Board meetings during the Annual Conference.
- Working with the Executive Office and the President on appointment of new members each year.
- Providing written reports to the Board of Directors at least twice annually.
Adrienne Ridgeway, Chair, Marquette University (2014-2016)
Brian Russell, Past Chair, University of Tennessee (2014-2016)
Jacqueline Nicholson, Advising Student Athletes Commission Chair, Norfolk State University (2015-2017)
Brett Lurkins, Member At-Large, Illinois College (2016-2018)
Alexis McClain, Member At-Large, University of Colorado (2015-2017)
Sherese Parker, Member At-Large, Mississippi Valley State University (2014-2016)
Lisa Rubin, Member At-Large, Kansas State University (2015-2017)
Karen Schiferl, Member At-Large, (2015-2017)
Michelle Ware, Member At-Large, University of Notre Dame (2014-2016, incoming Chair 2016-2018)
Kenneth Kleppel, NCAA, Ex Officio
Charlie Nutt, NACADA Executive Office Liaison
Elisa Shaffer, NACADA Executive Office Liaison