The Advisory Board will advise the Executive Office on strategies and activities for providing services to members and for organizational operations specifically related to the Summer Institute.
Summer Institute will offer a high quality professional development opportunity which maintains NACADA’s status as the “most comprehensive consideration of academic advising available. The Institute has served administrators, advisors and faculty advisors and has established a reputation for excellence within the global community and fulfills the vision of NACADA to be the leader for the theory, delivery, application and advancement of academic advising to enhance student development.
The Chair of the Advisory Board facilitates the work of the group by:
- Working with the Executive Office staff on issues that need attention or discussion.
- Facilitating Advisory Board discussion on issues via email and/or conference calls.
- Facilitating Advisory Board meetings during the Annual Conference.
- Working with the Executive Office and the President on appointment of new members each year.
- Providing written reports to the Board of Directors at least twice annually.
Additional Summer Institute Advisory Board Chair Responsibilities
- Lead the advisory board in the processes of developing a curriculum for the Summer Institutes with provisions to change/update the curriculum based on feedback from advisory board members, participants, and taking into consideration current issues that would appropriately be addressed at these institutes, as well as adjustments to established sessions.
- Serve as a member of the SI Management Team which selects faculty and oversees the implementation of the Institutes each year.
- The advisory Board Chair may or may not be selected as a faculty member for one of the Summer Institutes and would not be expected to be at Summer Institute if not serving as a faculty member .
- Advisory Board Chairs and members of the Management team are not eligible to receive an honoraria if they serve as Summer Institute faculty.
Kathy Stockwell, Chair, Fox Valley Technical College (2015-2017)
Jo Anne Huber, outgoing Chair, University of Texas at Austin (2015-2017)
Lisa Freeman, Spokane Falls Community College (2015-2017)
Mark Vegter, Illinois State University (2015-2017)
Nathan Vickers, University of Texas at Austin (2015-2017)
Jason Kelly, College of St. Benedict/St. John's (2016-2018)
Elizabeth Jones, American Public University System (2016-2018)
Susan Poch, Washington State University (2016-2018)
Jolene Stegath, Fox Valley Technical College (2016-2018)
Jennifer Engelbach, Allegheny College of Maryland (2016-2018)
Charlie Nutt, NACADA Executive Office Liaison
Jennifer Rush, NACADA Executive Office Liaison