Recognizing that effective academic advising is at the core of student success, NACADA aspires to be the premier global association for the development and dissemination of innovative theory, research, and practice of academic advising in higher education.
NACADA promotes student success by advancing the field of academic advising globally. We provide opportunities for professional development, networking, and leadership for our diverse membership.
NACADA Strategic Goals
- Expand and communicate the scholarship of academic advising
- Provide professional development opportunities that are responsive to the needs of advisors and advising administrators
- Promote the role of effective academic advising in student success to college and university decision makers
- Create an inclusive environment within the Association that promotes diversity
- Develop and sustain effective Association leadership
- Engage in ongoing assessment of all facets of the Association
- Pursue innovative technology tools and resources to support the Association