February 2-4, 2017
Daytona Beach, Florida
Assessment Institute Scholarship is now open!
Deadline to apply is December 1, 2016.
NEW: We have fully revamped the Institute curriculum to better meet the needs of today's advisors.
From more flexible Work Group options to progressive plenary (general) sessions the Assessment Institute has been honed to provide new and seasoned advisors an in-depth look into Academic Advising and Assessment. Take a look at the new schedule of events to see what has changed. While we have updated the curriculum, some things will stay the same including our outstanding networking opportunities and attendees' ability to take home an Action Plan that they can put to use on their campus.
What to expect:
Assessment of academic advising is essential for a successful and effective academic advising program on any campus. This working institute will be an intensive two and a half days focused on the components of a successful assessment program as well as specific strategies and tools for developing and implementing assessment programs on your campus.
Please view the following article to gain a better understanding of the Assessment Process: Assessment of Academic Advising: A Summary of the Process by Rich Robbins and Kathy Zarges
Why you should attend:
- Develop a vision for advising on your campus
- Understand national resources that offer student feedback & information about advising
- Learn how to identify resources & allies in the areas of institutional Research & Institutional Planning
- Learn to connect your plan to the institutional strategic planning process
- Learn how to communicate this information to campus colleagues to generate collaboration & understanding
- Use benchmarking to document the success of your plan