Assessment is a process, which encompasses different levels of experience. The Assessment Institute is designed to be responsive to these varying experience levels.
Please review the components of assessment below. Your understanding and development of these components will determine your Experience Level. Proper selection of your Experience Level is vital in placing you in the correct discussion group so that you are able to get the most out of your time at the Institute. Please be sure to mark the your Experience Level on your registration form.
- My institution/department/program has not developed any components for assessment of academic advising at this time.
- I am attending the Assessment Institute to be introduced to all components of the assessment process.
- I have:
- A vision statement for academic advising has been developed and I will bring this to the Institute.
- A mission statement for academic advising has been developed and I will bring this to the Institute.
- A set of student learning outcomes for academic advising have been developed and I will bring these to the Institute.
- A set of process/delivery outcomes for academic advising have been developed and I will bring these to the Institute.
- I have all of the above plus the following:
- The services have been mapped to the learning outcomes and I will bring these maps to the Institute.
- Tools have been developed to measure the learning outcomes and I will bring these to the Institute.
- Data from the measurement tools has been analyzed to identify change for the academic advising program.
- Improvements and enhancements have been implemented for academic advising based on assessment.
It is possible that you may have some but not all of the components listed in each level, if this is the case please select the level in which you have most of the components complete.