Regional Awards / Scholarships / Grants Programs
NACADA Regions select and fund a variety of awards, scholarships and grants to recognize excellence in advising and recognize and support quality programs.
You may only apply within your region.
Region Awards are open for applications between July 1 & Nov 1 each year.
Please read the instructions and tips listed below before you begin your award/scholarship submission.
- Determine requirements and application components that are needed. You may save and come back to your application but once you choose SUBMIT, you will not be able to change it. If there is a problem, e-mail Matteson@ksu.edu.
- Access the Online Submission Portal.
- Enter a password - this can be simple and you can use the same one for other submissions.
- Select your Region.
- Next select the award for which you are applying from the 'Awards/Scholarship Category' drop down box.
- Be sure to write down your Award/Scholarship Nomination Number and your password so if you have to stop and come back to the nomination form, you can do so easily!
- Enter the information as it is requested.
- NOTE: The NOTIFICATION section is a list of people who you would want to know if you are selected for this award/scholarship. We would suggest your president/provost, your supervisors, and your public relations department contact.
- You will need to upload some documents. They must be in PDF format.
- Required documents are different for each award, please see your Region Awards page for more information before you begin the submission process.
- REMINDER: You may save your application and come back as long as you have not hit the SUBMIT button. Remember to save your entry and use your Award/Scholarship Nomination Number and your password to come back at a later time.
Information and Tips for Applicants or Nominators
- Nomination packets must include only original documentation prepared specifically for the NACADA Awards Program. Materials intended for other award programs will not be considered.
- Self-nominations are acceptable. Directors may nominate their own advising programs.
- Current members of the Board of Directors and Council are not eligible for consideration for any annual NACADA individual awards. After the member's term of office is over, s/he may then be eligible for consideration.
- Nomination materials submitted cannot be returned.
To help present your nomination in the best possible light:
- All uploaded documents must be in pdf format so save them in this format, or scan and then save them in pdf format so you will be ready to upload at the proper time. Paper copies of nominations will no longer be accepted.
- It is best to submit only letters and/or materials that add substance to the nomination. Quality is appreciated more than quantity. A well-written and documented submission increases the likelihood of a positive outcome.
- The committee will not accept or consider additional material sent separately from your on-line submission or letters sent directly to the committee. Be sure to request that all support letters and documentation be returned to the nominator gathering the information for inclusion in the nomination packets for online submission.
- Videos, CDs and DVDs will not be accepted in support of any nomination in any Region Awards category.
- Submissions that do not meet the submission requirements will not be evaluated.
- If you do not receive an e-mail confirming receipt of your nomination within 48 hours after you have completed the online submission process please contact NACADA. If possible, include the application # and the Region #. Contact NACADA at email@example.com