Please read the instructions and tips listed below before you begin your award/scholarship submission. You can save your application and come back as long as you have not hit the SUBMIT button.
- Visit the webpage for the particular award/scholarship you are interested then choose the 'Guidelines' link to determine requirements and application components. For Region Awards, see the specific 'Region Award' webpage.
- Try to gather as much of the required nomination or application material prior to starting a new nomination/application.
- Make sure that supporting documentation is saved in PDF format.
- Now you are ready to begin your nomination/application.
- Write down your Award/Scholarship Nomination Number and your password so that you are able to save your application and come back to work on it later.
- Access the Online Submission Portal.
- Enter a password - this can be simple and you can use the same one for other submissions.
- Select National or choose your Region (for regional award/scholarship applications).
- Next select the award for which you are applying from the 'Awards/Scholarship Category' drop down box.
- Be sure to write down your Award/Scholarship Nomination Number and your password so if you have to stop and come back to the nomination form, you can do so easily!
- Enter the information as it is requested. NOTE: The NOTIFICATION section is for you to list those people who you would want to know if you are selected for this award/scholarship. We would suggest your president/provost, your supervisors, and your public relations department contact.
- You will need to upload some documents. They must be in PDF format. As these are different for each award, please see the National or Region Awards page for more information before you begin the submission process. You can save your application and come back as long as you have not hit the SUBMIT button. Remember to save your entry and use your Award/Scholarship Nomination Number and your password to come back at a later time.
Information and Tips for Nominators
- Nomination packets must include only original documentation prepared specifically for the NACADA Awards Program. Materials intended for other award programs will not be considered.
- Self-nominations are acceptable. Directors may nominate their own advising programs.
- Current members of the Board of Directors and Council are not eligible for consideration for any annual NACADA individual awards. After the member's term of office is over, s/he may then be eligible for consideration.
- Nomination materials submitted cannot be returned.
- Retiree Recognition: Individuals who retired in the calendar year prior to the nominating year are eligible for consideration.
To help present your nomination in the best possible light:
Paper copies of nominations will no longer be accepted unless noted otherwise on the award website Please visit the online submission portal to complete nominations.
It is best to submit only letters and/or materials that add substance to the nomination. Quality is appreciated more than quantity. A well-written and documented submission increases the likelihood of a positive outcome.
The committee will not accept or consider additional material sent separately from your packet or letters sent directly to the committee. Be sure to request that all support letters and documentation be returned to the nominator gathering the information for inclusion in the nomination packets for online submission.
Videos, CDs and DVDs will not be accepted in support of any nomination in any Regional Awards category.
Submissions that do not meet the submission requirements will not be evaluated.
Contact NACADA at firstname.lastname@example.org if you do not receive an e-mail confirming receipt of your nomination after you have completed the online submission process. If possible, include the application #.