Academic Advising Consultants and Speakers Service
Steps to Hiring a Consultant
Please be aware that
our consultants/speakers are senior administrators or full time advisors at their universities
and have full schedules. Because of their campus obligations our
consultants/speakers usually need at least two months or more notice in
order to set up a campus visit.
- Identify the advising areas(s) of
need or interest for the Institution. Because it is often
difficult to pinpoint specific advising needs, the NACADA Executive
Office provides assistance with this needs identification through the request form.
Please complete the request form or email email@example.com for more information.
- Complete the request form and submit it to the Executive
- The Executive Office sends focused
resumes and an Agreement Form via email for qualified consultants/speakers
whom NACADA recommends based on your request, needs and institution type.
- Select a consultant/speaker from the resumes,
complete the Agreement Form, and return it to the Executive
- Executive Office confirms with the
consultant his/her availability for the date(s) requested.
If the consultant agrees to the offer, he/she signs the Agreement
Form and copies are sent to the institution and the consultant/speaker.
This Agreement Form outlines the visit charges to which
the institution is agreeing.
- After the agreement has been signed,
the institution will prepare materials in advance for the consultant/speaker and
forward it to him/her.
- Following the visit, an evaluation of the visit will be sent to the institution. Institutions will complete the survey and return it to the Executive Office.
the consultant did was helpful. As one participant wrote on
the conference evaluation form, 'I enjoyed working with the
consultant. In addition to a wonderful keynote, I appreciated
her genuineness and approachability'.' Jesse
Jones, President, North Texas Community College Consortium